Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June - It hurts to miss a week

I started June a little late. We were visiting family the first two days of last week, then I wasn't feeling well, then my husband wasn't feeling well, and then it was just Friday. So Monday I was ready to start afresh. This keeping healthy sure does have a lot of beginnings. Every day brings more than one chance to start again. That's the key to success I suppose. You can't just wake up one day and decide to become a healthy person. You have to keep deciding. Over and over and over. It doesn't take a few months or a couple years. It takes a lifetime. That makes me a little tired, but it also gives me quite a lot of hope.

It hurts to miss a week. It's amazing how fast all my hard work and progress can start going the other way. Most of that was once again felt on day 2. I ached so badly. Especially my hamstrings and my lower back. I need those. All day long. This morning I decided I better skip Jillian and take a long walk instead so as to give my muscles a little rest. I can't quite walk normally. My knees kept locking up. I'm hoping and praying it won't hurt as much tomorrow. There's not much worse than Jillian with sore muscles.

Curves has a new summer challenge every month this summer. June's challenge is to work out 6 days a week. So 3 or 4 (or 5) days at Curves, and 30 minutes of something else on the other days. Since I pretty much do that already I was happy to join in. I would love to lose 10 lbs this month. This month being before July 9th. I know that's a lofty goal. Monday on the Curves scale I was 184.5 lbs. I've never been below 180 on a Curves scale, so I'm pretty excited to break that barrier. It's summer time. Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment