Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Zumba

Ever since I went back to Curves in August, I have been meaning to try Zumba again. I couldn't while my husband was taking classes, because Zumba starts at 8 and I have to be home so that he can be to class by 9. But now that class is out for the summer his schedule is not quite so firm. So this morning I woke up later than usual and decided to give it a try. It was definitely out of my comfort zone to join a class of ladies who have been doing these routines by heart for months. They don't even really need the instructor. I felt like an idiot, but I did not feel like anyone was watching me, so I guess it wasn't that bad. It was good, fun exercise for me. I did some Zumba in St. George, and LOVED it. But then I came to a Zumba class at the Curves in Provo 3 years ago and found out I had been doing Zumba for sissies. I thought I was going to die by the end of dancing without a break for a full half hour. And I weighed about 5 lbs less then. I was at my lowest weight ever (though not for long) but I am in even better shape now. The half hour of dancing this morning was really only uncomfortable because I had no idea what I was doing. I never felt left behind, I was never needing to catch my breath. It was literally no big deal for me to dance for a full half hour, and it passed in a flash. Kind of makes me wonder what else I might be able to do. "Run" a mile maybe?

My weight is holding steady at 183, which was a relief considering the amount of stress I've been holding onto lately. I have kept going to Curves, but my eating habits have been less than stellar. It's probably a good time for me to try that apple cinnamon water again, because I guarantee my body is holding onto more than just stress. Thank goodness summer is coming. My whole family is so much more in the mood for fresh veggies this time of year. Sadly we gave up hope of having a garden when we moved this month. I'll have to scout out the farmers markets when summer really hits.

Keep cheering me on! My goal is to lose another 30 lbs by the end of summer, and that's going to be a tall order unless I can get more excited about it really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment